BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oatmeal, Hiking, and Black Bean Burgers

How does a vegan start her day? With a fabulous cold, summer oatmeal, that's how! This is so simple and leaves no thinking in the morning because you make it the night before. Add some non-dairy milk to the oats, a few magic ingredients and wake up to a seriously refreshing summer breakfast. You can run over here to view the whole recipe.

After breakfast, time to hike. I love summer mornings and I love early summer morning hikes even more. I can't hear cars, tv's or any distractions. I hear nothing but the rustling of the trees and the crunching of earth below the deers hooves. It's somewhat comforting to know that the animals around me at the park get to live there safely. I like to start my day in their world.

A quick mention about our dinner... sweet potatoe fries and black bean burgers.  Delish! Click here for the details!




Mmmm!



Perfect quiet



Right by the lake



Sunday night dinner...nom nom nom nom





1 comments:

Cadry said...

Isn't hiking wonderful? It's like moving meditation. Being in nature as a way of making the stress of the world dissipate.